THE WORLD’S FIRST
FOR HEAT EXCHANGERS
Choose to reduce contamination risk, decrease downtime, lower testing costs, remove stress, increase productivity, protect the environment, and simplify production management!
HEIST is a patented, innovative and cost-effective system which puts control of integrity testing in the hands of manufacturers. The magic of HEIST is that is gives liquid processing companies the power to prevent contamination, ensure product quality, improve productivity and reduce downtime and costs.
HEIST is the first system of its kind in the world.
The integrated system automatically tests pasteurizers and plate heat exchangers (PHEs) daily for cracks or other defects, with minimum downtime and maximum accuracy. HEIST also carries out an automatic holding time test and diversion valve check on the PHE at the start and finish of production.
THE current Industry Standard
The current industry standard for testing PHEs is only 1-4 times a year, leaving PHEs vulnerable to cracks and other defects which can cause severe product contamination.
Until now, plate failure and other defects were difficult to diagnose without dismantling the equipment — resulting in costly downtime. This time-consuming process also risks significant loss of production and product, along with potential equipment damage.
Restrictions in accessing process equipment and the cost of each integrity test makes it unfeasible for companies to carry out tests more often.
But what if there was a better way?
To ensure product quality and prevent contamination, testing should occur much more frequently. With HEIST testing is daily.
Traditional overpressure systems are a valid and necessary protection to a pasteurizer, but they do not guarantee protection from cracked plates. HEIST, however, is set to become the standard-bearer for contamination prevention – by detecting cracked plates before they have the chance to cause any issues.
HEIST versus other testing technologies
- Integrates into new and existing plate heat exchangers with minimum hassle and implementation cost.
- Offers an added layer of quality protection before each production run.
- Immediate, on-the-spot integrity and holding time test results, every day prior to production.
- The only system on the market capable of carrying out integrity, holding time and diversion valve tests automatically.
- Non-destructive - no need to dismantle the PHE pipes, resulting in minimal downtime and no damage to expensive equipment.
- Requires process water only, without the need for gas or other possible contaminants.
- Integrity certificate generated following each test.
- Allows the user to take control of all validation
- Capable of detecting cracked plate leaks to an accuracy of 30μm.
- Digitises data to ensure accurate results and data integrity.
- Automatically calculates Pasteurizing Units (PU) for beer production.
- Can be used to improve waste product recovery.
End-USER Benefits of HEIST
- Protection against vulnerabilities of over-pressure systems.
- Reduced risk of contamination.
- Reduced risk of costly product recalls.
- Reduced on-going testing costs.
- Reduced downtime.
- Increased productivity.
- Ensures product quality.
- Reduced reliance on outside contractors.
Manufacturers need to be accountable and automate their integrity testing. Whether they are in the food, beer, liquid processing or pharmaceutical industry, pasteurisers and PHEs need to be tested more regularly. With HEIST’s innovative, cost-effective system, producers can do exactly that.